Audio Auditing's MusicMark
Audio Auditing's detections can be utilised in numerous ways to maximise
value to the record company by providing immediate, timely and accurate
broadcast monitoring data, through Audio Auditing or its licensees, to
validate promotion efforts and, where available, quantify and verify
sound recording performances for royalty distribution purposes.
Royalty Free Encoding
Audio Auditing encoding software is available under a non-exclusive
royalty free license that includes the following conditions: Each new
release, re-release, and newly stored digital delivery file would
contain the Audio Auditing MusicMark watermark. At time of Audio
Auditing MusicMark encoding, the record company, or their authorised
encoder, registers all track related information with the Audio Auditing
The benefits of Electronic Media Monitoring of Music and Music
Through the Audio Auditing system, record companies can get answers to
the following business critical questions:
- Is the new release getting significant airplay in critical
- Is the recording getting the attention of the important times
of day when the demographic is likely to be tuned in?
- Is a particular region or city in the country getting a better
concentration dosage of the release suggesting the alteration of a
product distribution strategy?
- Can South Africa build excitement for an international release
originating from another country and/or different culture i.e. what has
been the airplay experience for similar international releases?
- What other new sound recording releases compete for the chosen
- Which stations are putting out the new release in heavy
rotation and do they correspond with the intended audience for the
- Is the new release getting too much airplay thereby resulting
in eroding sales?
- When should the record company time the promotion of the
second single in the product release?
- Is the level of airplay continuous or subject to peak and
- Ensure accurate details of all music videos broadcast.
- Accurately track music duration and usage when used as
background to programme content on radio or television.
During the watermarking process data relevant to the track is captured
on the Audio Auditing database for music the data captured is as
- Date Encoded
- Studio / Production House
- ISRC Code or ISWC Code
- Record Company / Label
- Track Title
- Album Title
- Artist / Band
- Origin - Local (R.S.A.) or Foreign
- Collection Society